Friday, 5 March 2010

What went right/what didn't and what I shall change

All in all I am very happy with the project and the finalised piece. If I had to choose something I would do differently, it would be that I would take my role as the Director/Producer more seriously at the beginning of the project. The reason for this is that I feel I wasn't as focused at the beginning as I was towards to end of the assignment.
Also I wouldn't have spent so much time on concept art as I now understand that ideas can change throughout the project. I don't believe spending half the time we had on the project doing concept art was effective, but again this was my fault as I should have mentioned this as I was the Producer.

I believe our team worked very well together, unlike some other groups where they had individual talents however, they didn't work well as a team.

Overall there isn't much I would change because I believe we produced a strong animation in the end.

Final Day!


All the animation is completed as is the sound. All we now need to do is set the format to view the film from. All in all, a very stress free final day. I am proud of my team, and the animation we have managed to produce. I am glad we have got all completed in time.

Thursday, 4 March 2010

Sound & Dominos

Chris and I were working on the sound which would finalise the scene and meant we could finish the project on schedule without the stress of late minute rushing.
We decided as it was the last week, we would stay late again until 9: p.m. We ordered Domino's yet again, in order for us to keep our energy levels up for the sound editing.
I am extremely proud of how the sound turned out. Without the sound, the animation itself wouldn't work, as sound ties everything together and is a very important element in the production of an animated piece.

Tuesday, 2 March 2010


This screen shot is to show what we are currently doing within the scene. We showed Jerard our scene and he was very pleased with what we had produced. The only criticism he had was the white noise of the radio in the vehicle as the volume should be slightly lower. The reason for this being is that naturally when people hear white noise or static, they immediately want to turn it off. I believed this was a fair point, and we corrected this.

Monday, 1 March 2010

Final Cut Pro Time

All the shots are rendered and edited in After Effects. It's now time to put this all together in Final Cut Pro, which is a programme that I am comfortable with and am able to use well. We changed length of shots, fades and made sure the scene flowed in a sequence. All of these were done before adding sound.

1 Week Left

I designed another image schedule to represent the stages each of the shots we're at.
'M' represents scene produced in Maya
'R' represents rendered shot
'A' represents shot has been edited in After Effects
'F' represents shot in the Final Cut Pro file, to be edited

Saturday, 27 February 2010

the last of the rendering

Rendering the scenes has been a lengthy process. However, the shots that are being created, I feel are up to standard, and I am very pleased with.
We just have a few more shots to render out and then we can begin the process of editing. To speed up the process of rendering I decided that anything that wasn't in the shot, could be taken away in Maya. An example of this is the sand and rock layers of the environment itself, which the image below displays.